ENSA’s U8 Festival Play is being established to give U8 teams an opportunity to play different opponents at different venues. A U8 team may play on one festival date, two festival dates or all three festival dates. Festival is designed to supplement a club’s InHouse programs, not replace it.
Games will be played on Sunday afternoons in an effort to avoid InHouse conflicts. A team will be scheduled for two games per festival weekend. We will try to schedule each team so that there is a one hour wait between games.
ENSA has selected three locations for play so that teams have options on travel. Registration for each festival will be open up to 8 business days before play.
· Ralston – April 7, registration deadline is March 27
· Blair – April 21, registration deadline is April 10
· Springfield – May 5, registration deadline is April 24
Entry fee - $90 per festival date. $250 for all three festival dates.
Player eligibility – NSSA passes are not required, however player needs to be registered to the club they are playing for in the festival. State rosters should be provided at event. Clubs may mix players from different teams for play. Roster maximum per game is 10 players.
Registration should come through Club Registrar or Director of Coaching. Clubs are responsible for entry fees.
Participation awards will be given at each festival.
To keep within the spirit of competition, we ask that each entry be ranked for first game placement at each festival.
Download Registration Form
5 players per team – 4 field players and a goalkeeper. Substitution at any stoppage, unlimited.
· Shoes and shinguards required; non-uniform clothing allowed based on weather.
· Youth Referees will be used. REFEREE ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
· Matches shall be played in 4 – 12 minute quarters with a two minute break between the first and second quarters and the third and fourth quarters, and a five minute break between the second and third quarters.
· Start and restart of play – conform to FIFA except opponent is four yards from kick.
· Ball size is 3.
· NO offside.
· Fouls and misconduct conform to FIFA except all restarts are direct free kicks. Official must explain all infractions to the offending player. NO cards shall be shown.
· All free kicks are direct. Opponents need to be at least 4 yards away.
· NO penalty kicks
· Throw in conforms to FIFA, except an improperly performed throw in may be redone once.
· Goal Kick – Conform to FIFA, except opponents must remain outside goal area and be at least 4 yards from the ball.
· Corner Kick - Conform to FIFA, except opponents must be at least 4 yards from the ball.
If there are any questions, please contact the competition coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org